Whether you’re in between living situations or simply need to declutter your home, storage solutions are always a great option. But which is better: full-service storage offered by a moving company or self-storage? There are plenty of pros and cons to both, so which will you choose to use?
There are a lot of great benefits to working with full-service storage, such as the storage solutions from Swamp Rabbit Moving! However, we understand that in some cases, self-storage is a reasonable alternative, and cost is usually a factor. But at Swamp Rabbit Moving, we offer affordable storage solutions in a climate-controlled setting, so you can trust that your belongings won’t warp or get damaged due to extreme temperatures and humidity.
With so many pros and cons to both full-service storage and self-storage, you may be wondering which is the right choice for you. Let’s go over some of the aspects of both options!
When you utilize self-storage options, you’re in charge of your own belongings. You’ll need to find the right facility with enough space for all of your items, transport your items to the facility, and load them into the unit yourself.
You can pick up items or store new items at your convenience (within the business’s operating hours, of course).
There are a variety of storage options available with self-storage, such as the storage unit size. Some places offer insurance options to protect your belongings. Here are a few perks to self-storage options:
- A variety of types of storage
- Some storage businesses have a wider range of hours
- You can choose your amenities
- Some have 24-hour access
Some challenges of self-storage include:
- Typically located in industrial areas
- You may have to travel farther based on availability
- Accessibility may be limited based on hours
- Extra amenities can drive up the price
- Security may be limited
- Insurance will add to the total cost
Full-Service Storage Facilities
At Swamp Rabbit Moving, we offer full-service storage, sometimes called “managed storage facilities.” Essentially, we do all the heavy lifting for you. We can pick up your belongings and transport them to our climate-controlled facility, and you can access them whenever you need to get your items.
Our storage is secure, so you can trust that your belongings will be safe in our warehouse. Full-service storage can be just as convenient — all it takes to access your items is a quick phone call. And you can trust us to take care of your belongings. We’ll safely pack them in the crate with all the proper packing materials, including padding, blankets, and more.
Full-service storage is a great option for those who are short on time or physically unable to move their belongings.
The perks of full-service storage:
- No need for a truck moving crew to relocate your belongings
- You can easily access your belongings with a quick phone call
- Storage is indoors and climate-controlled, including temperature and humidity
- Greater security than self-storage
- Your items will be professionally packed and secured so no damage occurs
The challenges of full-service storage:
- Not all areas offer full-service storage
- Accessibility can be limited based on operating hours
- In some cases, there is a potential waiting period to get your belongings
- In some cases, the cost is higher than self-storage
No matter your reasons for choosing self-storage or full-service storage, there are benefits to both. Convenience and cost are just two factors to consider, but you shouldn’t forget about the security of your belongings. With Swamp Rabbit Moving’s storage solutions, you can trust that we’ll care for your items like they were our own.
If you’re ready for a better storage option, call the Rabbits! We’ll walk you through our storage options to find a solution that fits your needs.